PT. SMART, Tbk. (SMART) is one of the largest, publicity-listed, integrated palm-based consumer companies in Indonesia commited to sustainable palm oil production.
SMART’s palm oil plantation cover more than 138,000 hectares (including smallholder farmers). Our primary activities are cultivating and harvesting oil palms, processing fresh fruit bunches (FFBs) into crude palm oil (CPO) and palm kernel and refining CPO into value-added products such as cooking oil, margarine, and shortening. We operate 16 mills, four kernel crushing plants and four refineries across Indonesia.
Besides bulk and industrial oil, SMART’s refined products are also marketed under several brands such as Filma and Kunci Mas. Today, these brands have benn recognized for their high quality and command significant market share in their respective segment in Indonesia.
Founded in 1962, SMART was listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange in 1992 and is based in Jakarta. A subsidiary of Golden Agri-Resources (GAR), SMART has the oleochemical business, Sinarmas Oleochemical (PT. SOCI MAS) and the SMART Research Institute (SMARTRI) within its operations.
Research, develop, and implement industrial processes from raw materials that result in the desired final products within the manufacturing process. Solve organizational and production related problems efficiently using the fundamentals of design, engineering / quality tools, data analysis, and technology. Implementing new processes and technologies to accommodate new product instructions, increase capacity, improve efficiency, and reduced costs. Ensure manufacturing process is in accordance with improved quality, increased output, improved efficiency, and decreased downtime to improve profitability.
1. Identify opportunities to optimize and standardize products and processes and initiate plans that drive improved performance.
2. Create proposals, and create design for potential project in improving manufacturing process, and effectively communicate idea to upper management level.
3. Provide technical assistance to operating departments to implement changes for process improvements.
4. Maintain quality service by following organization quality system standards within the manufacturing process, including material handling improvements, and safety procedures.
5. Compete duties assigned by upper management level.
6. Analyze data from various sources within the manufacturing process to identify trends in build quality and efficiency.
7. Responsible for diagnosing situational-operational problems found within manufacturing process and drive corrective action, recommending remedial measures.
8. Ensure proper execution by monitoring personnel in On-the-Job training and operating procedures.
Selection Criteria :
• Graduated from reputable university, from chemical engineering major
• Min 5 years of experience
• Willing to travel to plantation area
• Willing to be placed in Mangga Dua, Jakarta