PT. SMART, Tbk. (SMART) is one of the largest, publicity-listed, integrated palm-based consumer companies in Indonesia commited to sustainable palm oil production.
SMART’s palm oil plantation cover more than 138,000 hectares (including smallholder farmers). Our primary activities are cultivating and harvesting oil palms, processing fresh fruit bunches (FFBs) into crude palm oil (CPO) and palm kernel and refining CPO into value-added products such as cooking oil, margarine, and shortening. We operate 16 mills, four kernel crushing plants and four refineries across Indonesia.
Besides bulk and industrial oil, SMART’s refined products are also marketed under several brands such as Filma and Kunci Mas. Today, these brands have benn recognized for their high quality and command significant market share in their respective segment in Indonesia.
Founded in 1962, SMART was listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange in 1992 and is based in Jakarta. A subsidiary of Golden Agri-Resources (GAR), SMART has the oleochemical business, Sinarmas Oleochemical (PT. SOCI MAS) and the SMART Research Institute (SMARTRI) within its operations
Job Description Summary
Mechanical engineers produce specifications for, design, develop, manufacture, and install new or modified mechanical components or system. They provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large plant, machinery or vehicles.
1. Design system and components that meet needs and requirements.
2. Developing, testing, and evaluating theoretical designs.
3. Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
4. Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; conforming fabrication, assembly and installation processes.
5. Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety, and time constraints.
6. Producing details of specifications and outline designs.
7. Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
8. Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and estabilished procedures; requesting special services.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for creating and preparing detail working diagrams of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
1. Design and prepare plans for using computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) software.
2. Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery.
3. Check dimensions of material to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
4. Design the parts of a machine.
5. Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
6. Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
Selection Criteria :
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering (Mechanical), Engineering (Mechatronic/Electromechanical) or equivalent.
• Graduated from reputable university, from mechanical engineering major
• Min 5 years of experience
• Preferably Manager / Assistant Managers specializing in Engineering – Mechanical or equivalent.
• Full-Time position(s) available.
• willing to travel to the plantation area
• Willing to be placed in Mangga Dua, Jakarta
send your cv email@example.com