Martabe Gold Mine is managed and operated by PT Agincourt Resources (PTAR). The mine covers an area of 30 km² that falls under the sixth generation Contract of Work (CoW) covering a total area of 1,639 km².
The resource base on 31 December 2017 includes 8.8 Moz of gold and 72 Moz of silver. Production commenced at Martabe on 24 July 2012. The operating capacity of Martabe Gold Mine is in excess of 5 mtpa ore to produce in excess of 300,000 oz of gold and 2-3 Moz of silver per annum.
PTAR employs more than 2,600 employees and contractors, including approximately 98% Indonesians, of which more than 70% were recruited from local areas .
To strengthen the existing exploration management team and to ensure the achievement of the company’s ambitious 2019 exploration and growth objectives, Martabe Gold Mine is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of :
– Manage approved exploration programs on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
– Completion of approved programs on time and within budget
– Lead and manage exploration programs to discover gold and/or economic mineral resources in compliance with Company Policy, Industry standards and Government regulations over the COW
This position will be based at Martabe site and reports directly to the Chief Geologist. Successful candidate will have the option of FIFO or being based locally.
The position is open to both male and female candidates
Candidates for this role would be expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
1. Bachelor Degree in Geology. Preferably a Master’s Degree
2. Competent Person Indonesia (CPI)
3. 5 – 10 years Exploration experience in a senior role
4. Ability to make competent technical decisions and implement work programs
5. Supervisory experience of technical and non-technical subordinates
6. Interested in Research
7. Fluent communication skills in both English and Bahasa Indonesia are essential along with excellent report writing.